Review Policy

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Review: Obsidian (Lux, #1) By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1) By Jennifer L. Armentrout.                        

Summary: Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.
Review: Well as you probably all.....already know, this book has very good reviews. But I just thought why not I join in the review rave because this but deserves it, its possibly the best book Ive read so far this year! And I mean that (even if I have only read about 8 books haha) I pre-ordered this book months back and when I saw the summary when I first purchased it I couldnt possibly understand why no one had really talked about this book yet because it looked fabulous. So when I ended up getting it through the post I noticed big responds for this and I guess it must of led up to its expectations. This book from even the start picks up quick. From the first page I was like I cannot put this book down I must read it all. It is about a girl called Katy who is a awesome character just from the start. She is a book blogger people! Something we can all relate to obviously. Who pretty much hasnt got a adventurous life, shes like your plain jane, hasnt got many friends and stays in her bedroom most of the time.
So when her dad dies of course they move and of course this is where the sexiest, brooding male character comes into it. Daemon. Hes in this book straight from the beginning, from the moment Katy knocks on the door to introduce herself. No sad sob story that takes up a quater of the book about Katys past life. We get straight into it and for that Jennifer I pat you on the back. We also get introduced to his sister Dee who is such a lovely character too, she just wants to make friends with everyone and clearly treats Katy like a sister. From the start Daemon hates Katy but because of him using his alien powers in front of her it leaves a mark which leads to him having to look after her all the time because he could get her killed. Of course while he pretends to hate her and seems to have a soft spot for her really, he also has to be careful because hes being chased after by other aliens that want to kill him because of the powers him and his "Alien friends" have.
Its really, really good. But I dont want to say to much, because I would be ruining it. But theres so much to this story. We have a powerful romance that touches you and alien magic going on. Its such a unique book and different to what Im used to reading. I cannot wait for the next book out. You must get this book if you havent read it yet. I rate this A+

No comments:

Post a Comment